China Food Last Week: Nov.5-Nov.11, 2023
1. On November 6th, China GAC issued Announcement No. 160 of 2023 regarding the inspection and quarantine requirements for imported aquaculture products from Chile.
2. On November 7th, China CFSA publicly solicited comments on the draft of the National Food Safety Standard for Food Flavors (GB 29938).
3. On November 8th, China SAMR issued a public announcement soliciting opinions on the draft of the General Principles for the Examination of Food Business Licenses.
1. The 2023 FHC (https://www.fhcchina.com) concluded last week in Shanghai, attracting 2,500 exhibitors from 30 countries and regions, including Italy, Denmark, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Russia, Thailand, and the United Kingdom.
2. The 6th China International Import Expo(CIIE) was held in Shanghai from November 5th to 10th. The food and agricultural products exhibition area had the largest number of participating companies from the widest range of sources, with over 1,000 companies from more than 100 countries and regions. A total of 57 temporary permits for special food products were issued during the Expo, including 38 for infant formula milk powder and 19 for special medical purpose formula foods.
3. During the 12-hour frenzy of the 2023 Double 11 (November 11) shopping festival, the total sales of e-commerce platforms reached 182.9 billion yuan. In terms of platforms, Tmall had a significant lead in sales compared to other platforms, accounting for 62.27% of the market share, while JD.com accounted for approximately 25% of sales. The sales of cross-border e-commerce reached 28.2 billion yuan across various e-commerce platforms, with Tmall Global remaining the primary channel for cross-border shopping.
Please note: the information mentioned in this article is sourced from public data.