What is New Cosmetic Ingredient ?
- The natural or artificial ingredient first used in cosmetics within the territory of China
- The Ingredient Inventory in China–IECIC 2021can be used as one of the basis to preliminarily judge whether the cosmetic ingredient is NCI
- When adjusting the use purpose and safe use amount of the existing cosmetic ingredient, the notification and registration shall be applied for according to the requirements of NCI notification and registration.
NCI shall be notified or registered before used in cosmetics
NCI notifier and registrant
1.Chinese cosmetic ingredient manufacturers and R&D institutions
2.Overseas enterprises that intend to export NCI to the Chinese market
New Cosmetic Ingredient notification procedure
NCI application case classification and dossiers requirements
NCI monitoring period
Safety monitoring system is implemented on the registered and notified New Cosmetic Ingredient. The monitoring period is 3 years, counting from the date when the notification or registration has been completed for the cosmetics which use the NCI for the first time.
(1) NCI safety monitoring annual report
Cosmetic NCI registrant and notifier shall establish NCI post-market safety monitoring&evaluation system to track and study the safety of NCI and continuously monitor and evaluate the use and safety of NCI. The use and safety of NCI shall be summarized and analyzed within 30 working days before each full year of safety monitoring and an annual report should be formed and submitted to NMPA. Requirements: ingredient basic info., ingredient production situation, the info. of cosmetics using NCI, supervision and spot-check, investigation and handling, recall of cosmetics using NCI, CARM, risk monitoring and evaluation management. Other content to be explained: Eg. Supplement long-term keeping test data with NCI remaining useful life, summary analysis and conclusion of monitoring report.
(2) NCI safe risk control report
If cosmetic registrant, notifier or Chinese RP in the process of NCI use find the circumstances stipulated in the Provisions for Registration and Notification of Cosmetic that they should be reported to the technical review institution, Eg. serious cosmetic adverse reaction or group cosmetic adverse reaction is found in other countries(regions) because of suspicious use of the same category ingredient, or, other circumstances that need to report, they should immediately collect and manage the ingredient basic info., ingredient production and use, safety problems or cause analysis of emergency, handling measures and the results, organize and write NCI safe risk control report and submit it to the technical review institution through info. service platform. Requirements: Basic info., production situation, the info. of cosmetics using NCI, emergencies, other content that need to be explained, summary analysis and conclusion.
If you have any questions please contact us➡: firstname.lastname@example.org
ZMUni regulatory compliance services in China include:
- Registration Service of Special Cosmetic Products
- Filing/Notification Service of General Cosmetic Products
- Infant/Children General Cosmetic Products Filing/Notification Service
- Infant/Children Sunscreen Cosmetic Products Registration Service
- New Cosmetic Ingredients (NCI) Filing/Notification and Registration Service
- Cosmetic Ingredients Code Application Service
- Cosmetic Efficacy Claim Evaluation Service
- Chinese responsible agency service
- Apply for CITIS permit or certificate of endangered speciesservice
- Toothpaste Filing/Notification Service
- Mouthwash etc. Dental Care Products regulatorycompliance Service
- Custom clearance service
- Disinfectionproducts Filing/Notification Service
- Anti-bacterial products Filing/Notification Service
- QMS (Quality Management System) service
- ACR (Adverse Cosmetic Reaction) Service
- Labelling Reviews
- Regulatory Dossiers
- Compliance Solutions
- Regulatory Support